Thursday, October 29, 2015

A Spooky Scrumptious Treat




I love any excuse to create a fun, unique, festive treat. This Halloween season I created these spooky little grave yard scenes for my family.

I started by lining a plate with a piece of wax paper. Then, I took the Cool Whip from the freezer, put plastic gloves on my hands, and dug a piece of Cool Whip from the container. I shaped the piece like a little ghost and put him flat on his back on the wax paper. I took two sprinkles and pushed them into his little face to make eyes. I made about six ghosts this way and then placed the plate in the freezer for about three hours. 


Then, I made an instant vanilla pudding and added red and yellow food coloring to make it orange. I divided the pudding into little custard cups and filled the cups about 1/2 full. Next, I took about six Oreos, placed them in a plastic sandwich bag and crushed them up by hitting the bag with an ice cream scooper. I sprinkled the Oreo crumbs on top of the pudding so that there was an even layer covering the orange pudding in each cup. I broke up a chocolate Hersey's bar into pieces and stuck them into the pudding to resemble headstones. Then, I took my ghosts from the freezer and placed them upright in the pudding cups.

These treats are easy and inexpensive to make, the perfect fun snack for family home evening or after school. Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment