Saturday, March 5, 2016

DIY Carpet Cleaner


Sparkling floors make me feel put together. In honor of spring, I decided I wanted to tackle my dirty carpets. I vacuum about twice a week, but the traffic areas in our home had been discolored and matted beyond the abilities of my vacuum. 





I looked into professional cleaners and renting a carpet cleaning unit from Walmart. All of the options seemed pricey and beyond the amount I was prepared to invest into a home that I rent. I decided that this was totally something I could figure out how to do on my own. I started by mixing warm water, hydrogen peroxide, and dish soap. 



I also filled a bowl with warm water for rinsing. 



This bowl was also perfect for keeping my toddler busy while I scrubbed. As you may have noticed in the picture of my soapy bowl, I used a white scrub brush to scrub the the soapy mixture into the carpet. This mixture worked ok on the dingy spots in my carpet but once I arrived at the worst spot, I needed stronger reinforcements. I added my secret cleaning ingredient OxiClean and I was amazed with the results. 



Make sure to put some elbow grease into it. I scrubbed the trouble spot and left one lone area uncleaned so that you can see the difference. 


I would highly recommend adding OxiClean to your cleaning products. I literally use it for everything. When it comes to baby stains in clothing there is no comparison. I also add it to every load of laundry to brighten my colors and whites alike. It works on patio furniture, grout, carpets, upholstery, and more. I love that I don't have to keep a million different cleaners around because this one product does the job of about 6 cleaners. Happy spring cleaning! 

11 comments:

  1. Great review. Oxiclean is a jack of all trades, my wife uses it for everything around the house, but we had this one particular spot in the corner of the carpet in our bathroom that it wouldn't work on it. Turns out it was molding from the humidity! Hydrogen peroxide took care of it, it has great mold and mildew remediation properties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post.
    carpet cleaner reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    This is very useful post.I found another useful carpet cleaning post which will be interesting for your readers - The Four Most Common Carpet Cleaning Method

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rugs are in fact a standout amongst the most imperative things that we can discover in our homes.GreenWay Carpet Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this incredibly amazing blog. This is the right place where there is something for everyone! Thanks for sharing this post..!! Carpet cleaning bayswater

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Check it out here: Santa Barbara Carpet Cleaners

    ReplyDelete
  7. i read a lot of stuff and i found that the way of writing to clearifing that exactly want to say was very good so i am impressed and ilike to come again in future.. Professional Cleaners London

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers Green Home Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read your blog about Rug cleaning and trust me it was all worth written. You have mentioned everything really well. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. The intensity of articles can with out issues be felt of this weblog. Very specific and without delay to the mark. I understood with out difficulty the problem of fact which the author of this weblog wanted to deliver thru his mind. looking for more. Carpet cleaning Austin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great webpage buddy, I am going to notify this to all my friends and contacts as well.The Carpet Cleaner Liverpool

    ReplyDelete