Friday, January 15, 2016

2 Simple Valentine Ideas Even a Toddler Can Do!

Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and so is Valentine making!
Helping O make special Valentines for his Dad, Grandma's, and Grandpa's usually goes much smoother and cuter in my head than it actually turns out to be. Such is life.
To help smooth out these Valentine woes, I've found two Valentine ideas I absolutely love!
Both of these went so smoothly, and he actually did the work and loved it!
 As an added bonus, they only take supplies you already have around the house. Bingo!

Yarn Heart Valentine

I came up with this idea on my own. It's so simple and so quick! Plus, you're little one gets to work on their cutting and gluing skills.
To help it go smoothly, I cut out some strands of Valentine-colored yarn ahead of time. If your little one is older, they can do this themselves. I also drew a heart where I wanted it on the card and glued on the first strand to make the outline. Then I let O put glue wherever he wanted and add the yarn on top. Just keep an eye to make sure there's an appropriate amount of glue happening so the card isn't swimming and the yarn is sticking.
Presto! Adorable Valentine!

Toilet Paper Tube Heart Valentine

I got this idea from Money Saving Mom.
I love that you get to do a little painting and it's a great way to reuse toilet paper rolls.
Just get your card ready, shape the end of the toilet paper roll to look like a heart, and let your little one dip it in some acrylic paint and use it as a cute stamp.
So simple and so fun!

I hope these fun Valentine ideas come in handy this season as you get ready to share some love!
Do you have any go-to ideas you love?
 Please share them with us in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. You can make stamps out of potatoes too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that on the first link, too! I haven't tried it, but it looks super cute and easy. Have you ever tried it Brooke?

    ReplyDelete